YouTube is a free video-sharing service that is used to upload and watch videos. Users are also able to use YouTube to like, share and comment on other videos. The two types of users on YouTube are:
- Creators – The people who create their own YouTube channels and upload videos for viewers to watch, like, comment and share.
- Viewers– The people who watch the videos uploaded by the creators. They interact with the videos by means of liking, commenting, sharing, and subscribing to channels.
Using YouTube On Oviond
YouTube connects to Oviond using your Google account login details (email address and password). This authentication only needs to be done once per Google account.
We have a comprehensive help center article that will answer all questions around the authentication, permissions, and limitations for YouTube.
Data Available On Oviond For YouTube Widgets
The YouTube integration has a range of metrics, data views, and dimensions that are available when creating a widget on Oviond. You can view all the metrics, data views, and dimensions on your Oviond account once you have successfully connected your YouTube account to your client project.
Data views available on Oviond for YouTube:
- Watch Time
Top metrics available on Oviond for YouTube:
- Views – The total views for the selected date range, region and other filters.
- Shares – The number of times a video has been shared using the share button on YouTube.
- Subscribers Gained – The total number of times users subscribed to this channel for the selected date range and region.
- Subscribers Lost – The total number of times users unsubscribed to this channel for the selected date range and region.
- Comments – The number of comments added to your video or channel. This count could include deleted comments as well as live chat.
- Likes – The change in total likes found by subtracting “likes removed” from “likes added” for the selected date range, region and other filters.
- Red Views – The total views for the selected date range, region and other filters. These views are to subscribers who are part of YouTube Red and watch your videos ad-free.
Dimensions available on Oviond for YouTube:
Feel free to let us know if you need any data views, metrics or dimensions added for YouTube on Oviond and we would be happy to look into adding these in for you.
Using YouTube In Dashboards, Reports, and Funnels
YouTube widgets can be created in dashboards, reports and funnels on Oviond and are available in many of the standard and blended templates. When adding a widget on Oviond for YouTube, be sure to select the desired Data View before deciding on a Dimension or Metrics. Metrics are specific to the Data View chosen.
YouTube widgets can be added to dashboards, reports and funnels as single data widgets or blended data widgets. The data provided by YouTube Analytics is crucial to include in client reporting for those who have channels running on YouTube and need to see how they are performing and being interacted with by viewers.
Templates Available For YouTube On Oviond
There is a great range of templates available in our template library that include YouTube data. You can visit the YouTube integration page on our website for more information about these templates.
The templates can be accessed from inside your Oviond account, when you click on ‘’Add Dashboard” or “Add Report” in a client project. We have standard templates, which only include YouTube widgets. We also have blended templates, which include YouTube widgets as well as widgets from other integrations.